01 April, 2016

letter from sivart

July 30, 2015

Dearest L,

    Good evening (morning). I just downloaded this 'Lettrs' app, which you should try out with me; might be a little fun.
  
  It's currently 8:54am in California. The skies are clear and blue and birds are chirping away over the faint sounds of automobiles on the roads. I spot one tiny puff of cloud; I wonder what he's doing up there all alone.

    Today there's an apparent chance of thunderstorms, although by the looks of it so far it seems unlikely. The sun is dispersing it's light through a tree in the backyard as I sit in this plastic chair trying to get my brain to function. It sounds like there is rolling thunder muffled in the distance, but I'm wondering how. It's so clear out I can almost make out the blocky structures of Amman from here - but that's just the dream state still  trailing off in my mind.
    I wonder what Petra looks like at sunrise. 

   I also wonder if you had an ok day. Was it commonplace and filled with errands and meals and chit chat? Did you help Julie get along through the adult world of things too tall to reach and roads to busy to cross? Did I cross your mind at least once? 
Did that spacecraft come for you  alone last night? - Perhaps. 
  
  I'm about to get my ass out of this chair and into the seat of my car. I'm going to drive towards the beach and get some coffee or tea. Not a lot planned for today. I'm fatigued over nothing. 

   I very much miss your presence. I feel handicapped and vacant. It's almost like you're the only other one of my species and I'm a castaway in some American jungle full of hypnotized half-wits. 
    Nonsense I tell you.
Yours relentlessly, 

TDK. 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment